Beberapa hari yang lalu, dari NOC minta bantuan untuk support ke customer, untuk melakukan password recovery sebuah router Cisco 1700 series.
Ternyata begini cara recoverynya, saya ambil dari website Cisco:
This document describes how to recover the enable password and the enable secret passwords. These passwords protect access to privileged EXEC and configuration modes. The enable password password can be recovered, but the enable secret password is encrypted and must be replaced with a new password. Use the procedure described in this document in order to replace the enable secret password.
There are no specific requirements for this document.
The information in this document is based on these hardware versions:
- Cisco 1700 Series Router
- Cisco 1800 Series Router
The information in this document was created from the devices in a specific lab environment. All of the devices used in this document started with a cleared (default) configuration. If your network is live, make sure that you understand the potential impact of any command.
Refer to Password Recovery Procedures for information on how to recover passwords for related products.
Refer to Cisco Technical Tips Conventions for information on document conventions.
Follow these steps in order to recover your password:
- Attach a terminal or PC with terminal emulation to the console port of the router.Use these terminal settings:
- 9600 baud rate
- No parity
- 8 data bits
- 1 stop bit
- No flow control
Refer to these documents for information on how to cable and connect a terminal to the console port or the AUX port:
- If you can access the router, type show version at the prompt, and record the configuration register setting. See Example of Password Recovery Procedure in order to view the output of a show version commandNote: The configuration register is usually set to 0x2102 or 0x102. If you can no longer access the router (because of a lost login or TACACS password), you can safely assume that your configuration register is set to 0x2102.
- Use the power switch in order to turn off the router, and then turn the router back on.Important Notes:
- In order to simulate this step on a Cisco 6400, pull out and then plug in the Node Route Processor (NRP) or Node Switch Processor (NSP) card.
- In order to simulate this step on a Cisco 6×00 with NI-2, pull out and then plug in the NI-2 card.
- Press Break on the terminal keyboard within 60 seconds of power up in order to put the router into ROMMON.If the break sequence does not work, refer to Standard Break Key Sequence Combinations During Password Recovery for other key combinations.
- Type confreg 0x2142 at the rommon 1> prompt in order to boot from Flash.This step bypasses the startup configuration where the passwords are stored.
- Type reset at the rommon 2> prompt.The router reboots, but ignores the saved configuration.
- Type no after each setup question, or press Ctrl-C in order to skip the initial setup procedure.
- Type enable at the Router> prompt.You are in enable mode and should see the Router# prompt.
- Type configure memory or copy startup-config running-config in order to copy the nonvolatile RAM (NVRAM) into memory. Important: Do not type copy running-config startup-config or write. These commands erase your startup configuration.
- Type show running-config.The show running-config command shows the configuration of the router. In this configuration, the shutdown command appears under all interfaces, which indicates all interfaces are currently shut down. In addition, the passwords (enable password, enable secret, vty, console passwords) are in either an encrypted or unencrypted format. You can reuse unencrypted passwords. You must change encrypted passwords to a new password.
- Type configure terminal.The hostname(config)# prompt appears.
- Type enable secret <password> in order to change the enable secret password. For example:hostname(config)#enable secret cisco
- Issue the no shutdown command on every interface that you use.If you issue a show ip interface brief command, every interface that you want to use should display up up.
- Type config-register <configuration_register_setting>. Where configuration_register_setting is either the value you recorded in step 2 or 0x2102 . For example:hostname(config)#config-register 0x2102
- Press Ctrl-z or end in order to leave the configuration mode.The hostname# prompt appears.
- Type write memory or copy running-config startup-config in order to commit the changes.
Ternyata setelah dilakukan password recovery dan sudah bisa masuk ke config, semua interface kondisi down, cek semua perangkat yang terhubung ke interface ok semua. Problem ternyata ada di status di tiap interface. Masuk ke config terminal tiap interface kemudian jalankan
dan mission accomplished !